Labels: Diet; Obesity
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Candidate Matching Results
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Monday, August 14, 2006
Execution of a Teenage Girl
|On August 15th, 2004 a 16-year-old girl was hanged in a public square in Neka, Iran, a small industrial town by the Caspian Sea. Her death sentence was for crimes against chastity. Her name was Atefah Sahaaleh. The only evidence against Atefah was her own forced confession. Atefah railed against her judge in court for its unfairness, but this was her undoing. Judge Haji Rezai, who was also the local mullah, prosecutor and head of the city administration, personally obtained permission from Iran's Supreme Court to execute her, and put the noose around her neck himself before she was hoisted on a crane jib arm to her death. Using undercover footage, eyewitness accounts and drama recontruction, this film tells an unforgettable story of the life and tragic death of an ordinary teenage girl under Iran's mullahs.|
Thursday, April 27, 2006
So those color choices a couple of posts back... that is what I chose for my new condo. I'm moving this weekend. Packing tonight, first trip tomorrow (GR to Holland!). Much thanks to a good friend from work for tomorrow's trip.
Then an old friend is borrowing his dad's pickup and I can move my queen-size bed (its a monster, but my feet still hang off the edge... I sleep diagonally... thanks to my dutch heritage.)
Gotta pack.(I'll be offline for a bit during the move, but I doubt I'll let that last too long.)
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Soul as Software
Soul as Supernatural Other: What about Memory?
- Memories and computer data are only different in their storage medium.
- Memories can be erased by removal of parts of they physical storage medium.
- Destruction of the physical storage medium causes permanent loss of the memory/data unless a backup copy is made.
- Without a physical storage medium there is no memory/data.
- The disembodied soul (upon death) has no memory (or at least loses some memory)
- We can't remember each other in heaven.
- The dead soul does not have state, and thus has no concept of time.
- The resurrection means so much more, because a soul without a body is actually missing something.