Saturday, April 08, 2006

Languages

I think I'm going to learn spanish... just to be able to understand Shakira...
Does anyone else think that Whenever, Wherever (an English song by the way) has a positively Australian twist to it? When I heard it first, I didn't think Hispanic... I thought Crocodile Dundee...
Anyway, I took 2 years of spanish in High School, and very little stuck with me, but listening to spanish lyrics, like in La Tortura helps to bring it back (It helps to NOT be watching the music video though... I've always found thinking rather difficult in the presence of beautiful women...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny and true. I don't know how many games of Spanish Bingo (LoterĂ­a) I played in high school, and now I'm lucky if I can remember simple verbs. The first time I heard La Tortura I thought she was saying Tortuga, and I was like "Why's she singing about a turtle?" My Spanish teacher would be so proud.

10:22 AM, April 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home